A growing Colorado Medicaid home health provider is conducting a nationwide search for a Home Health Clinical Manager (RN)
The successful candidate will oversee and lead the development and management of quality improvement and compliance functions to maintain home health care licensure and to meet the Home Health Division's internal expectations for quality, including making sure services are appropriate, adequate, and delivered satisfactorily by staff.
The Clinical Manager supervises, coordinates, evaluates, and develops Skilled Field Staff (RN, LPN, CNA, OT, PT, and ST) as well as the RN Case Manager and the Orientation and Training Specialist to ensure quality care delivery within the agency scope of services and policies; state, federal, and local laws; and Nurse Aide Practice Act. The CM functions as back up Administrator in the absence of the Administrator.
This is a full-time, exempt/salaried position.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado, CPR certification.
- Minimum of two years nursing experience with a combination of acute care and home health care experience.
- Strong knowledge of CO Medicaid Home Care regulations; Class A license knowledge required, Class B license knowledge preferred.
- Current driver’s license, valid vehicle insurance, safe driving record and reliable transportation, current CPR certification and current TB screening.
- Skilled Field Staff supervisory experience required.
- Office environment, must be able to lift, push, pull up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Demonstrates THE IC’s core values of Inclusiveness, Flexibility, Person First, Accountability and Integrity and essential team virtues of Humble, Hungry and Smart.
Essential Functions/Areas of Accountability:
- Functions as the Alternate HH Administrator when agency HH Administrator is not available.
- Understands and complies with all appropriate HIPAA regulations. Assures and oversees strict client health care record privacy and confidentiality according to The IC guidelines and HIPAA regulations.
- Understands and has a strong working knowledge of CO Medicaid Home Care regulations.
- Oversees and implements program design for the Skilled services to include policies and procedures.
- Oversees and serves on the Professional Advisory Board.
- Supervises Skilled Field Staff, RN Case Manager and HH Orientation and Training Specialist.
- Participates in hiring, evaluating, training, orientation, oversight of Skilled Field Staff:
- Provides staff direction through general meetings and personnel evaluations.
- Provide leadership to clinical management staff, and effectively communicates with all members of the disciplinary team.
- Participates in Quality assurance:
- Provides supervision and counsel to employees working in high risk situations and any situation in which client and/or employee are at risk.
- Makes home visits as needed to observe care delivery and client satisfaction. Assesses utilization of supplies and equipment. Consults with client about medical issues.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to potentially unsafe situations.
- Oversight of in-home supervision as recommended by Physician and agreed upon by client/AR.
- Investigates complaints and critical incidents within 5 calendar days.
- Reports occurrences/incident to Administrator to enter into State occurrence reporting system.
- Provides findings of investigation/remediation to Administrator by end of the 5th day to facilitate timely final entry/outcome in State reporting requirements.
- Provide oversight for monitoring consumer charts to assess for proper documentation and current information to meet federal, state, and client standards.
- Performs job in compliance with agency policies and procedures and professional and community standards.
- Oversight and resource for annual Care Plan and Physician’s Attestation and at change of condition OR upon request of the client, AR or Case Manager.
- Assists with resolving HH client and employee conflicts.
- Meets weekly and as needed with the HH Administrator to identify areas requiring monitoring and or intervention.
- Completes 12 annual Continuing Education Units (CEU).
- Maintains Colorado RN License.
Staff Development/Professional Growth
- Educates agency Skilled Field Staff on clinical services policies, and procedures as needed.
- Stays current on the available community resources, health care costs, and industry trends through self-education and access to outside educational opportunities.
- Provides resources for staff and clients and families in written materials, workshops, and written references.
- Assists in the design and fulfillment of the agency’s in-service education plan and ensures that proper records are maintained.
- Oversees staff orientation to safety practices and infection control.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by compliance with policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and maintains the clinical procedures manual for Skilled Field Staff positions.
- Oversee, approves, coordinates and participates in orientation and continuing education of the staff.
- Identifies Skilled Field Staff and PCA (within IHSS program) staff needs relative to skills and specialty areas and arranges for training programs.
- Works with HH Operations Manager to ensure competencies for all caregivers meet regulatory requirement of all programs for competency evaluations.
- Oversees accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of clinical practices and documentation in accordance with agency policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, and industry standards.
- Provides educational programs and information regarding appropriate documentation practices
- Provides leadership to team and support staff in identifying agency/client needs and opportunities for quality improvement
- Assists with data collection for the QAPI Program established by the agency.
- Identifies and implements changes in clinical and/or operational practice based on the findings of the QAPI Program.
Human Resource Management
- Enforces human resources policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Conducts timely performance and competency evaluations for Skilled Field Staff and office staff in accordance with agency policy.
- Oversees on-site supervision per agency policy and as needed to determine Skilled Field Staff and PCA (within IHSS program) competency and respond to educational and developmental needs.
- Follows agency guidelines for disciplinary actions. Documents all disciplinary actions in accordance with human resource policies and legal guidelines for Skilled Field Staff and office staff.
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Possess decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Office environment, must be able to lift, push, pull up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower the qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.
This position may also require the performance of other duties as assigned.
If you are qualified and wish to apply, please route your resume and salary expectations along with a cover letter addressing your alignment with the minimum qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses must be received by Friday, September 7, 2018.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Independence Center adheres to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination, as explained in its employee handbook, to all eligible participants regardless of age, sex, color, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower the most qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.